Financial Aid Information

Students need to complete FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Financial Aid go qualify for financial aid for state and federal programs. The FAFSA is available after January 1, 2024 at

Students need the following information to complete FAFSA:

  • Social Security number of student and parent
  • Records of income
  • Information about assets
  • Driver's license number of student

Types of financial aid students might qualify for include Gift Aid and Self-help Aid. Gift Aid is the kind of assistance that you do not have to pay back such as scholarships and grants. The federal government has grants for students in need such as the Federal Pell Grants, Academic competitiveness Grant, and SMART grants. The state of Illinois has grant programs called MAP. In addition, colleges may have their own grants available to needy students. Self-help Aid includes work opportunities and loans. Work opportunities would be work study positions available at many colleges. Loans are financial aid that needs to be paid back. The federal government offers Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Stafford Loans, and federal PLUS loans for parents to borrow on behalf of dependent students.

For further information regarding financial aid, you may contact a JHS senior counselor Sherri McLaughlin at 217-243-4384 ext 2242.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.